Thursday, September 15, 2011

My brother passed away last night

Last night, on September 14th, 2011 I learned that my brother had hung himself. I had actually found searches on his computer of methods to put himself to rest earlier that day, and the fact that I didn't say anything to him will haunt me forever. I talked to my friend about having him buried in our back yard, he said it was unlikely -- but, this morning, we've been informed that we would be allowed to do so. I'll never move.

I visited him at the hospital last night, my mom sat there and hugged him for at least an hour. It's been all I can do to tell her that he can finally rest and that everything will be alright. I woke up at 4 AM with my step dad screaming, talking about how seeing him hanging there was the worst thing he had ever saw.

They asked us if we wanted to donate him -- we were considering it, but they wanted to take his eyes. I don't think we can do that though.

EDIT: We decided to bury him at a local cemetery instead. We actually got a location that wasn't initially part of the cemetery, it's really nice.

3 comments:

  1. My condolences to you Blitz. I have been following this blog for a while now, never commenting on anything. I don't think that you will respond to this, but I truly wish that you are able to grief, to remember and enjoy the time you spent with your brother.

    ~Pogey

    ReplyDelete
  2. When i read this, My heart stopped, I'm so sorry to hear this Blitz....


    your follower 4 ever (sam)

    my msn is
    xxforsakendeathxx@live.com
    please add me

    ReplyDelete